Sunday, December 26, 2010

An Astro Boy Christmas

Daniel and Violet were so much fun to watch all day yesterday. They are both at delightful ages and they were absolutely the life of the party (and consequently got seriously spoiled with gifts!).



Here are a few of my favorite memories of Daniel from this Christmas:

- Watching him go into overload over every gift and every detail. So much emotion!
- His last words on Christmas Eve before nodding off: "I love God. And I love my pajamas."
- Cuddling with him at naptime. He told me he loved me about a thousand times, hugged and kissed me over and over. He just melted my heart. I told Fernando it was a "naptime lovefest"!
- Enjoying Polar Express with him. He adored the movie - it will become a tradition, I'm sure.
- Watching him open the Astroboy Fernando ordered (from Japan!) for him. It was by his side all day - I'm sure it still is. A HUGE win for Daddy.
- Noticing him piling playfood into a makeshift grocery cart: Violet's new pink stroller.
- Capturing with my camera the "Christmas Cookie Face" - he about came unglued when he opened the gift of the one thing he's asked for: A Christmas Cookie. He then ate it and was on a sugar high for an hour.
- Playing with him outside on Christmas during the evening. Just playing. Running, tickling, hiding, chasing. He was my shadow and I loved it.



My favorite memory of all: Having to wake him up from nap for dinner... he was in a Christmas Coma. His eyes glazed over at the dinner table and he declared: "Daddy, my battery is all gone!"

No comments: