Monday, May 24, 2010

The Money Talk

Tonight's conversation after dinner:

Fernando: "Would you like to eat Jell-O or ice-cream for dessert, Daniel?"
Daniel: "Ice-cream!! I want to eat ice cream!"
Fernando: "How are you going to buy ice cream? You don't have any money."
Daniel: (thinking) "...maybe Baby Jaguar can buy it."
Fernando: "I hate to break it to you kid, but Baby Jaguar is in the poorhouse. He doesn't even have pants to put a wallet in."
Daniel: "But I want ice cream!"
Fernando: "You're in the poorhouse too. Say "I'm in the poorhouse"."
Daniel: "I'm in the poorhouse, Daddy."
Fernando: "Yes you are. Do you know anyone who has some money?"
Daniel: "Yes... Baby Violet."
Fernando: "No, she's in the poorhouse too. Well, look. I have all of this money." (pulls some dollars out of his pocket).
Daniel: "Ooooh... you're the man!"
Fernando: "So I can buy myself some ice-cream. But how are you going to buy ice cream? Do you have any money?"
Daniel: "I have money... right here!" (reaches for Fernando's wallet).
Fernando: "Do you know anyone else with money?"
Daniel: "Maybe Mommy can help! Mommy, will you buy me some ice cream please?"

Daniel subsequently spent the ride to the ice cream shop repeating to himself: "I want to eat ice cream but I no have any money - Daddy will you buy me some please?"

Let the "responsible spending and saving" lessons commence!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that is hilarious!!! daniel is so so so smart!
-Stephanie