Sunday, May 09, 2010

Mother's Day Love

It really was the best Mother's Day ever.

The three of us attended a brunch at Daniel's preschool the Friday before Mother's Day, and spent time with good friends and good food (read: cream puffs!). The week before, Daniel made me a bunch of presents the week before at school - it's so fun to be at a stage where he can create gifts with me in mind. I received a decorated candle holder, a heart-themed picture frame (with a picture of us in it!), and best of all: A book about me.



The book had three pages: 1) A colorful handprint flower of Daniel's hand, with a sweet poem. 2) A drawing of me in blue and yellow (if you squint, it looks JUST like me). And my favorite... 3) An interview with Daniel about his mom. Allow me to share with you the details.

1. I show my mom I love her by MAKING CHICKEN.
2. My favorite thing to do with my mom is PLAY.
3. Her favorite color is BLUE.
4. Her favorite food is CHICKEN.
5. If she had extra time, she would like to GET FOOD AND COOK CHICKEN.
6. When my mom grows up she wants to be a PRETTY.
7. My mom laughs when I'M SILLY.
8. My mom is "THREEEF" years old.
9. What my mom loves to watch: A MOVIE ABOUT UP.
10. What my mom loves the most is CUTTING TREES.

Priceless. Especially because I'm a vegetarian. Who has no idea what the "cutting trees" bit is about. I really will keep this forever.

Sunday morning, I woke to sweet surprises from my husband (who is so thoughtful and tender in his gift-giving. I found three little pots, each with different plant seeds inside and a green paint thumbprint of the person who gave me the pot - Fernando, Daniel and Violet. I then found a beautiful new Keurig Coffee Maker on the kitchen counter - love it!

We went to Radiant where Daniel joined us on stage for Violet's dedication. It was so special to stand there together, publicly, as a family of four committed to learning together and growing together. After church we headed to Daniel's Mema & Papa's house where we officially welcomed Summer with the first swim of the season. Daniel wore a suit with a "built in" tube... which we won't use again as he'll be starting swimming lessons soon. But it DID make for some hilarious (future blackmail) shots. He also learned the fine art of water guns and delighted in soaking everyone who came close, including the poor, poor dogs.


The weekend was busy and full... full of family, full of memories, full of special moments... and my heart has never been fuller.

No comments: