Saturday, June 12, 2010

Elephants & Puzzles

Another seemingly small (yet actually very impressive) milestone was reached yesterday: Daniel said the word "Elephant" correctly. After years of "Epetent"... I have to admit I got teary-eyed. His words are crisper and clearer than ever.

With the increase in vocabulary comes the continual (adorable) mis-use of some words. His new favorite words to "just throw in there" are: Maybe, Just, But, Because, Kind of, Almost, Like, So, Sure. For example. "I want to watch Dora... she's kind of just my favorite."

He also says in a perfect little sing-song voice, "I no think so!" when he doesn't want to do what you've asked. (It's almost cute enough not to get him in trouble for saying "no" to us. Almost.)

In other news, he has officially done his first real jigsaw puzzles - and loved them. We have two for him: a zebra and a car. They are pretty tough but he loves the challenge, and I love helping him. It's a family tradition on my side and it's beyond fun to watch it developing into yet another generation.


The Summer days are passing too quickly. We are squeezing in every possible minute of water fun, play and family time before we blink and it's gone. My eyeballs are starting to hurt from NOT blinking. (I can try, right?!)

No comments: