Saturday, November 20, 2010

Wanna See My Dance Moves?

I think it started with Ava... but I can't be sure. She's in dance class on the weekends so it makes sense.

But wherever it started, the fact is: We have a dancer on our hands.

He busts a move whenever he can. Read: In a public parking lot where there is background music. More often, it's at home. We have begun having lots of family dance parties at home and we all get down with it.

Daniel likes to impress with some fancy footwork and will often ask us, "Hey - Wanna see my cool dance moves?!" He jumps. He spins. He spins while jumping. He tumbles. He shakes it. He waves his arms. He invents new stuff constantly. Honestly, the kid has some pretty good moves.

And the whole time he has this crazy grin on his face, watching his audience, usually saying "Do what I do!" while he lands in some crazy almost-splits position on the ground.

I love that he's a boy and he's not afraid to bust a move. At his age, some boys already classify dancing as "girl stuff".

And I love that as a family we all join in the fun. It might be one of my top ten favorite family activities.

No comments: