Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Mother's Day

This Mother's Day was special - MY Mother was visiting us.  And we got to see Fernando's Mother as well.  Maybe it's just because I am a mom, but having my kids and my moms together was just... special.  Lovely.

We snapped a few fun photos by the front door on the way to church.  Here's my favorite:



Church was fun, too.  The men decided to perform a (hilarious) flash mob dance to "Man, I Feel Like a Woman."  They finally figured out what women want at Mother's Day - not candy, not flowers... just a few more incriminating memories of their husbands acting ridiculous.  :)

This year Mother's Day also fell on Violet's actual birthday... there are more fun things on her blog about the day and the party that followed, but for the purpose of this blog, I'll just say we had a lovely Chinese take-out dinner at Fernando's parents house.  No stress... no mess... just a lot of family around a big table talking and laughing a lot.  Perfect.

No comments: