Sunday, May 01, 2011

Best Part of My Workday

I could debate myself for hours on the pros and cons on being an "outside of the home" working mom.  Sometimes it just plain stinks, and I miss the minutes I'm missing with my babies.

But there is one giant perk that stays consistent:  The sheer joy and excitement on their faces when they see me at the end of a school day.  What follows is pretty fun, too:  Babbling, run on sentences full of that day's adventures... who they played with, what they ate, what they learned, what they did, how much they missed me, what they want to do at home tonight.  This conversation continues out the door and all the way home.

But it's that initial moment of recognition I live for.  The "drop everything fun I'm doing - MOMMY'S HERE!" moment.  I wait for it all day, and when it happens, it absolutely fills me up.

No comments: