Monday, February 02, 2009

Month 23: Touchdown!

I am not a football fan. My sweet husband has explained the game to me a half dozen times before, and while I am an intelligent person, the rules just don't stick.

Regardless of my lack of understanding of the game, I am as susceptible to Super Bowl fever as the rest of the world. This year, the Arizona Cardinals were the underdogs and came to the game with an amazing and inspirational story. After a quick trip to a friend's Super Bowl party, Fernando, Daniel and I got comfortable in our living room and watched the second half of the game.

In our pajama pants, we moved the couch aside and made a big space for tossing the nerf footballs around and making lots of noise when the game got rowdy. Daniel was very excitable, especially at touchdown time... at one particularly emotional touchdown, Fernando and I started yelling, hugging and jumping... and Daniel joined in! He was screaming "touchdown!" and running in circles and hugging us. It was possibly the cutest thing I have ever seen. For the fifteen minutes following the touchdown, he continued to celebrate.

The Cardinals lost (I still think that last call could have gone either way...) but we could not have asked for a more memorable evening.

No comments: