Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Behavior Crisis



So, Daddy went to Mozambique for a week. We had a lovely time, just me and the kids, but it was evident in a lot of ways that they were really missing him. (And so was I.)

Daniel had a crazy meltdown at preschool the day after Fernando left and it resulted in a full on tantrum (flailing limbs and all). Teachers were hit in the process, and the proverbial smack was laid down once we got home.

We spent the evening writing apology notes. After we had done a few for his teachers, I asked if there was anyone else he needed to apologize to. He thought for a minute and said, "Yes. You, Mommy."

He is 1) the sweetest child alive, 2) a master manipulator, or 3) just very, very lucky.

I still have his "I'm sorry" note... I'm thinking I'll keep that one forever.

No comments: