Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Flashback

That's all. Just a little flashback. I saw it the other day and it totally took my breath away. I so clearly remember this stage of Daniel's life and at the same time, it's already fuzzy. I know the Daniel of today. It's hard to remember what his personality was like, even a few years back.

After a minute of looking, I do remember that this was taken at Sea World, during a fabulous (and now infamous) San Diego trip. He's being passed from his Mema to his Papa somewhere inside the Arctic Exhibit.

I remember that we kept bibs on him all the time (severely hindering his sense of fashion, I'm sure!). I remember that his hair was always patchy and comb-over-y. I remember that he had croup during that trip, so we kept him in the only warm clothes we had brought with us, ugly flannels and pjs.

But I don't remember if he was crawling or walking yet... I don't remember what kinds of words or sounds he was making... I don't remember what kinds of foods he wanted to eat.

Maybe that's why I'm addicted to photography and blogging about the kiddos... I know that my memory cannot be trusted, and time must be preserved another way.

No comments: